Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anomaly by Peter Cawdron


Anomaly



Book Blurb: Anomaly examines the prospect of an alien intelligence discovering life on Earth. The technological gulf between mankind and the alien species is measured in terms of millions of years. The only way to communicate is using science, but not everyone is so patient.

Mankind's first contact with an alien intelligence is far more radical than anyone has ever dared imagine. With a technological gap of millions of years, mankind is barely able to recognise the arrival of an alien space craft outside the gates of the United Nations in New York.



Review - 5 of 5 Stars:

I found Anomaly randomly when I was looking for something to read at lunch one day and consider it a fantastic purchase. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I'm currently reading Serengeti, another book by Peter Cawdron that I'm sure I'll be reviewing here when I've finished. The characters and hero of the book were vibrant, every day people, which greatly added to its charm and interest level in my opinion.

Anomaly was a great science fiction book. I loved that it was so different from other books I've read. It was truly original and fresh. The writing was tight and compact and I was especially intrigued by how the world as a whole reacted to the discovery of Earth by an alien intelligence that was patient enough to wait for us to learn about it. It was a smart book, rather than an action novel and I found it really difficult to put down. If you enjoy intelligent, fresh, speculative science fiction that makes you think, this book is for you!

I read to be entertained. If you share that view, then Peter Cawdron is definitely an author to watch for in the future.