Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Saga of the Seven Suns: Veiled Alliances by Kevin J. Anderson


Book Description: Based on the legendary science-fiction series by acclaimed novelist Kevin J. Anderson, THE SAGA OF SEVEN SUNS: VEILED ALLIANCES acts as a revelatory prequel to the Saga novels Hidden Empire and A Forest of Stars. In this fantastical volume, the human race begins its expansion into outer space only to discover that for centuries a multitude of other planets have been interacting on a cosmic scale. Now as Earth attempts to become a player in this new arena, her ambassadors are thrust into a foreign world of alien life forms, backstabbing politics, lustful relationship, bitter feuds, family rivalries, and a deadly quest to become the supreme force in the universe.



Review 4 of 5 Stars:

The Saga of the Seven Suns series is a favorite in my household. So, when I saw that the prequel was out, the book I was had been reading was abandoned to the nightstand and I dove into one of my favorite universes. As a follower of the series I was pleased with Veiled Alliances and consider it an excellent addition to the story as a whole. For a new reader to the series, I would suggest starting at book one, Hidden Empire, as Veiled Alliances did have some spoilers for what comes in the series. The original series was a fantastic journey of exploration and I would definitely read the original books before going back to the prequel. However, I consider it a must have for the collection if you enjoyed the series. All in all it was a great read and a pleasant trip back to one of my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed. That does not mean negative comments will not be posted. I am just interested in weeding out spam and comments with what would be considered truly offensive language. If you can state your likes and dislikes with that in mind, the posts will not be removed.