Sunday, February 12, 2012

Assault and Pepper by Tamar Myers

Book Blurb: It's a five-alarm frenzy as Magdalena Yoder and the rest of the congregation of the Beechy Grove Mennonite Church get ready for the annual chili supper cook-off. But just when the devout diners sit down to eat, beloved Reverend Schrock falls facedown into a pot of the savory stew. It seems someone slipped some peanut butter into the chili - knowing full well that the good reverend was deathly allergic to peanuts.

Review - 5 of 5 Stars:
Magdalena Yoder is a true mystery heroine that will keep you laughing...

I'm a murder mystery enthusiast to say the least. I actually read this book a couple of years ago, but I love the series and wanted to share it.

A friend gave me my first book about Magdelana Yoder, Mennonite bed and breakfast owner and part-time sleuth. It sat in the house for about a week before I picked it up. After I read the first one, I had to have the rest and Assault and Pepper did not disappoint. These books are quirky and laugh out loud funny (not stupid funny, but very smart humor), in addition to satisfying the mystery enthusiast's desire for a sleuth to catch the bad guy. Magdalena Yoder does it like no one else as she investigates a multitude of crimes in the Amish / Mennonite community of Hernia, PA. The characters are wonderful, peculiar, familiar...I can't even begin to explain it. You really have to read one for yourself. I've read tons of mysteries, but Tamar Myers' books are like a vacation. They are truly original and her sense of humor is spot on. I can only hope someone buys you one and that you too come to love these books as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed. That does not mean negative comments will not be posted. I am just interested in weeding out spam and comments with what would be considered truly offensive language. If you can state your likes and dislikes with that in mind, the posts will not be removed.